Updating your Federalist site after renaming your repository
Renaming your site repository will interrupt a site’s ability to build. In order to resume site building, it will require you to add a new site to Federalist with the new repository url. (Note: Please be aware that if your site is already live and its repository has been renamed, it will be frozen until a new site is added to Federalist at the new repository and a security scan is successfully performed on your new site.)
Next steps after renaming your repository
- Add the new site repository as described here
- Build your site and verify that the site is ready for launch using our preview URLs.
- Contact the Federalist team; we’ll scan your site within a few days as part of our compliance process and let you know of the results.
- Let us know when you are ready to go live with the new site and we will update your CloudFront URL to point to your new site.
- Optional: After the new site is live, you can delete the old site within Site Settings. (Note: Once deleted, the settings and build history for the site will be lost and is not transferable to a different site.)