21st Century IDEA
The 21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act (IDEA ) aims to improve the digital experience for government customers and reinforces existing requirements for federal public websites. Specifically, the Act requires all executive branch agencies to:
All new, public-facing websites and digital services must meet eight specific requirements.
- Accessible - be accessible to individuals with disabilities in accordance with Section 508
- Consistent - have a consistent appearance
- Authoritative - not overlap with or duplicate existing websites
- Searchable - contain a search function
- Secure - be provided through a secure connection
- User-centered - be designed around user needs with data-driven analysis
- Customizable - provide an option for a more customized digital experience
- Mobile-friendly - be functional and usable on mobile devices
To learn more about this law, check out.